Search our Archives for press releases from other collectibles:
- All Press Releases
- Art Press Releases
- Coin Press Releases
- Comics Press Releases
- Currency Press Releases
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property Press Releases
- Entertainment Press Releases
- Historical Press Releases
- Jewelry, Timepieces & Luxury Accessories
- Movie Poster Press Releases
- Real Estate Press Releases
- Sports Press Releases
- Wine Press Releases
Press Release - July 12, 2017
Italian Casablanca Movie Poster Expected to Bring $180,000 at Heritage AuctionsItalian Casablanca Movie Poster Expected to Bring $180,000 at Heritage Auctions
Frankenstein, Metropolis, Supernatural and more poster classics cross the block on July 29-30
"This Casablanca rarity is one of the finest in the entire hobby," said Grey Smith, Director of Vintage Posters at Heritage Auctions. "To own this poster is on par with owning the pinnacle of poster art."
Also on offer is a Frankenstein (Universal, 1931) One Sheet (est. $80,000), which is one out of six copies known to exist. The sequel to Frankenstein also makes an appearance at auction. A French Grande (46.5-by-62-inch) of The Bride of Frankensteinfrom 1935 is expected to bring in $40,000.
Other momentous Horror posters consist of a Supernatural One Sheet from 1933 (est. $45,000) and a never-before-offered Italian 4 Fogli from Horror of Dracula, a Universal production (est. $10,000).
From the depths of imagination came Metropolis, and with it came the revolutionary genre of science fiction. Two Australian pre-war daybills will cross the block and each is the only known copy of its kind. The two styles being presented are the Robotrix Style Daybill (est. $30,000) and the Flood Style Daybill (est. $20,000) which are genre-defining classics and must-haves for any serious collector.
The Day the Earth Stood Still (est. $10,000) by 20th Century Fox in 1951 is arguably one of the best science fiction movies ever made, and Heritage is offering a classic Standee with retro imagery similar to the artwork found on the half sheets and title cards.
Additional highlights include, but are not limited to:
· Casablanca Half Sheet (Warner Brothers, 1942): est. $50,000
· Cavalcade One Sheet (Fox, 1933): est. $25,000
· Morocco Double Grande (Paramount, 1931): est. $20,000
· Spitfire One Sheet (RKO, 1934): est. $15,000
· Moon Over Miami One Sheet (20th Century Fox, 1941): est. $12,000
Heritage Auctions' Signature Movie Poster Auction takes place July 29-30 in Dallas and online at HA.com.
Heritage Auctions is the largest fine art and collectibles auction house founded in the United States, and the world's largest collectibles auctioneer. Heritage maintains offices in New York, Dallas, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, Chicago, Palm Beach, Paris, Geneva, Amsterdam and Hong Kong.
Eric Bradley, Public Relations Director
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
Grey is a true asset to Heritage Auctions and Heritage Auctions are a true asset to the Movie Poster Hobby.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)